3,112 TOTAL SQ FT
(2,285 SQ FT ABOVE GRADE)
A Gift For Your Eyeballs
Seriously spectacular 56 Lakeview Ave. Like a gift for your eyeballs, every square inch of this 2.5 storey joy machine has been thoroughly and tastefully thought out. Blessed with a delightful blend of style and practicality, classic and modern details blend at every turn: arched windows, over 10 ft ceilings on main level (with 8 ft ceilings in the finished basement), two gas fireplaces and floor to ceiling steel doors that open to the impeccably curated backyard. Enjoy wonderful perks like the main floor powder room, large detached garage with extra storage and location on a highly coveted boulevard street. If you’re still reading and not on your way it could already be too late. Come and get it!
Things to Love | Seller’s Words
- My favourite is the living room. The amazing high ceilings and arched windows have a grand Brooklyn brownstone feel.
- The entire house has lively architectural details.
- Love my front porch. In the summer it’s my favourite place to sit.
- I love the third floor office with deck. It’s brilliant in terms of privacy within your own home. Gets amazing light and the city view is lovely.
- The deep master bath tub is fantastic.
- My son’s room is pretty special. He has a great view of the street and the huge trees that are especially beautiful in the summer.
- The street itself is pretty special in terms of the huge, set back trees. It feels like a suburban street right in the middle of the city.
- Surrounded by great neighbourhoods and amenities (Dundas West, Ossington, College and Little Italy)
- Living Room
- Replaced the old fireplace with a beautiful custom stone mantle and added a gas fireplace unit.
- Master Bathroom
- Added a marble wall
- Removed frosted glass floor-to-ceiling enclosure around the toilet
- Second Floor Bathroom
- Added additional custom millwork
- Third Floor
- Finished and opened up the ceiling to add height and put in new flooring
- Turned the narrow door into a lovely picture window
- Added custom oak millwork with sink and fridge
- Took out overhang to improve view
- The original basement was 75% unfinished
- Added a laundry room, full bathroom, and additional storage
- Back Doors
- Original doors were small sliding doors
- Enlarged the opening and replaced with custom steel doors. They have a nice weight to them
- Added boxwood in front of the home and planted flowering trees and flowers/plants
- Added fence
- Back fence was redone
- Roof was completely replaced this past year
Possession | TBD
Property Taxes | $7,863.74 / 2021
Size | 3,112 Total Square Feet (2,285 Square Feet Above Grade)
Lot Size | 20.75 x 110 Feet
Parking | Detached garage for 1 car
Mechanics | Forced Air / Gas Furnace & Central Air Conditioning
Inclusions | All light fixtures and built-ins not outlined in exclusions. Appliances – Thermador stainless steel range and hood, fridge, dishwasher, basement sub-zero wine fridge, third floor beverage fridge, washer & dryer and mirror over living room mantle
Exclusions | Dining room, guest room light fixtures and primary bedroom sconces. Second floor hall lucite light fixture and gas BBQ.